COMPASSION

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which man ceases to live thoughtlessly and begins to devote himself to his life
with reverence in order to give it true value.
— Albert Schweitzer

1/22/2013

Life Quotes


It is not enough to have knowledge, one must also apply it. It is not enough to have wishes, one must also accomplish.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 

The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well. 
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross



The more clearly you understand yourself and your emotions, the more you become a lover of what is.
Baruch Spinoza


I say to the young: "Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively."
Eleanor Roosevelt



Give yourself up to this moment. Dare to see it. Now look down at your feet; slip out of those invisible tethers. 

Then ask: Where would you take yourself right this moment if you walked toward your most heartfelt dream? What would your life look like? What would your body look and feel like? What level of energy would you have? What might be your favorite activity? What would your daily life include? 

Imagine happiness -- the sweet glow of inner contentment, the way it tastes and smells and feels.
Chris Downie 

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, always.
Mohandas K. Gandhi
 If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
 Buddha


I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. 

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. 

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. 

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life." 

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. 

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. 

I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. 

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. 

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. 

People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. 

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. 

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Maya Angelou 

Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
Charles M. Schulz

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain


Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver

Like art, religion is an imaginative and creative effort to find a meaning and value in human life.
Karen Armstrong



Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.

Eleanor Roosevelt
  


Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.

Joseph Campbell
 
 

If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time, not tomorrow or next year ... Today should always be our most wonderful day.
Thomas Dreier




Source:
http://www.wisdomquotes.com/topics/life/#at_pco=cfd-1.0





No comments:

Post a Comment