COMPASSION

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which man ceases to live thoughtlessly and begins to devote himself to his life
with reverence in order to give it true value.
— Albert Schweitzer

1/24/2013

Persistence


You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis



Nothing in the world can take the persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.  Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.  Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.  Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.  The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

- Calvin Coolidge 



I fell.  I got up.  I fell again.  I got up again.  Even when I fell on my face, I was still falling forward.
- Catherine Ann



Persistence is the fifth and final pillar of self-discipline. - anon.



Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
Napoleon Hill



 
 Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel.
Napoleon Hill



 
 Energy and persistence conquer all things. Benjamin Franklin


 Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacle s, discouragement s, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak. Thomas Carlyle


 Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence. Hal Borland


 Ambition is the path to success, persistence is the vehicle you arrive in. William Eardley IV

 Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance. Anthony J. D'Angelo

 The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come. James Whitcomb Riley

 Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
Dale Carnegie

 
 As long as we are persistence in our pursuit of our deepest destiny, we will continue to grow. We cannot choose the day or time when we will fully bloom. It happens in its own time.  
Denis Waitley


 Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.  
Denis Waitley


 
 Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.  
Colin Powell

 The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.  
Napoleon Hill

 Continuous, unflagging effort, persistence and determination will win. Let not the man be discouraged who has these. 
  James Whitcomb Riley
 

 As for goals, I don't set myself those anymore. I'm not one of these 'I must have achieved this and that by next year' kind of writers. I take things as they come and find that patience and persistence tend to win out in the end. 
  Paul Kane
 

 Failure is only postponed success as long as courage 'coaches' ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory. Herbert Kaufman
 Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in. 
  Bill Bradley

 Paralyze resistance with persistence. Woody Hayes

 
 Survival, in the cool economics of biology, means simply the persistence of one's own genes in the generations to follow. Lewis Thomas



 My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories. 

  Bjorn Borg

 

 If you're going through hell, keep going.  -- Winston Churchill

 
 
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt
 Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.  
-- Thomas A. Edison
 





No comments:

Post a Comment