1. Time is a river of passing events -- a rushing torrent.
2. Listen to all, pluck a feather from every passing goose, but follow no one absolutely.
3. A man of high principles is someone who can watch a chess game without passing comment.
4. Listen to all, plucking a feather from every passing goose, but, follow no one absolutely.
5. You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.
6. Youth is a kind of illness cured only by the passing years.
7. Where there is a hippopotamus, be careful when passing with a pirogue.
8. Lower your head modestly while passing, and you will harvest bananas.
9. If you close your eyes because of the bad people around you, you will not see the good people passing by.
10. In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior.