COMPASSION

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which man ceases to live thoughtlessly and begins to devote himself to his life
with reverence in order to give it true value.
— Albert Schweitzer

6/14/2014

Cognitive decline


When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it had whether it has happened, or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon it shall be so I cannot remember anything but those things that never happened.  - Mark Twain

These days I walk into a room full of people and the only name I can remember is Alzheimer. - Anon.

Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.  - Truman Capote

The idea is to die young as late as possible.  - Ashley Montague 

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?  - Satchel Page

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.  - Henry Ford

Cellist Pablo Casals is reported to have said, when he was asked why he still practiced in his eighties, "Because I can get better."



No comments:

Post a Comment