COMPASSION

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which man ceases to live thoughtlessly and begins to devote himself to his life
with reverence in order to give it true value.
— Albert Schweitzer

7/20/2026

Sandy Denny: Who Knows Where the Time Goes?




https://youtu.be/jsqztvHIB9Y

Sandy Denny: Who Knows Where the Time Goes? BBC John Peel Sessions


Across the evening sky, all the birds are leaving

But how can they know it's time for them to go?

Before the winter fire, I shall still be dreaming

I do not count the time


For who knows where the time goes?

Who knows where the time goes?


Sad, deserted shore, your fickle friends are leaving

Ah, but then you know it's time for them to go

But I shall still be here, I have no thoughts of leaving

I have no thoughts of time


For who knows where the time goes?

Who knows where the time goes?


And I am not alone while my love is near me

And I know it shall be so 'til it's time to go

So come the storms of winter there

And then the birds in spring again

I do not fear the time


For who knows how my love grows?

And who knows where the time goes

.............................................................. 

"Who Knows Where the Time Goes?", was written by the English singer-songwriter **Sandy Denny**.


She wrote it in 1967, and it became one of her most famous signature tracks, both through her own recordings (most notably with the folk-rock band Fairport Convention) and numerous covers by other artists like Judy Collins and Nina Simone.




No comments:

Post a Comment