COMPASSION

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which man ceases to live thoughtlessly and begins to devote himself to his life
with reverence in order to give it true value.
— Albert Schweitzer

2/14/2013

Oscar Pistorius arrested: Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp shot dead



Pistorius believed to have told police he thought she was an intruder
Dead woman is former FHM model Reeva Steenkamp
She was shot several times in the head, chest and the arm
Media reporting it could have been a Valentine's Day surprise gone wrong
Incident happened on his Pretoria farm, north-east of Johannesburg at 3am

This is an extract from an interview in August 2011 with Pistorius at his home, a year before Olympics: 

Sportsmail's Jonathan McEvoy: 'This being South Africa, one baseball bat and one cricket bat lie behind Pistorius's bedroom door. A revolver is at his bedside. A machine gun by his window.'


Star attraction: Pistorius competed at both the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Star attraction: Pistorius competed at both the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games

 Behind the scenes: Pistorius plays with his dogs and his guitar at his home last year
 Behind the scenes: Pistorius plays with his dogs at his home last year
  
A Man of Character:
His left shoulder tattoo is a version of the Bible verse 1 Corinthians 9:26-27, which begins: 'I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. I execute each strike with intent. I beat my body and make it my slave...' **




This tragedy has happened before:

A former South African rugby player was charged with murder in 2004 after he mistook his daughter for a car thief and shot her dead in the family’s driveway.
Rudi Visagie thought his 19-year-old daughter Marle was asleep when he heard her Volkswagen Golf being driven away... 
He got out of bed, took his 7.65mm pistol, and fired a shot through the bedroom window.
When he went outside he found his daughter slumped behind the wheel. She was declared dead upon arrival at hospital an hour later.
She had been on her way to surprise her boyfriend on his birthday. 



 *Note:  
I'm a huge fan of Oscar Pistorius because he has been a great inspiration to people all around the world and we need heroes like him. 

Canada has many South African doctors living and working here who have fled the violence in their home country and the constant threat of being harmed during the frequent muggings and other crimes....   

Our hearts go out to Oscar Pistorius. 



**Original verses

1 Corinthians 9:26-27

New King James Version (NKJV)

26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.


1 Corinthians 9:26-27 (New International Version)

 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2278472/Oscar-Pistorius-arrested-Girlfriend-Reeva-Steenkamp-dead.html#ixzz2KruETCNk


Source:
Oscar Pistorius arrested: Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp dead | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2278472/Oscar-Pistorius-arrested-Girlfriend-Reeva-Steenkamp-dead.html


No comments:

Post a Comment