COMPASSION

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which man ceases to live thoughtlessly and begins to devote himself to his life
with reverence in order to give it true value.
— Albert Schweitzer

2/06/2013

Quotes


"It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly."

- Isaac Asimov




There's more to the truth than just the facts.
- Author Unknown


I've never quite believed that one chance is all I get.

- Anne Tyler
US novelist (1941 - )


The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.

- Thomas Paine
US patriot & political philosopher (1737 - 1809)


My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.

- Edith Sitwell
English biographer, critic, novelist, & poet (1887 - 1964)





Though I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes.

- Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), O Magazine




If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?
- Shantideva


No comments:

Post a Comment