COMPASSION

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which man ceases to live thoughtlessly and begins to devote himself to his life
with reverence in order to give it true value.
— Albert Schweitzer

8/04/2014

Edita GRUBEROVA "Vorrei spiegarvi, oh Dio!" K.418 Mozart (Concert Arias 1992)


Concert Arias 1992
Chamber Orchestra of Europe
Dir. Nikolaus Harnoncourt


  • I would like to explain to you, oh God


    I would like to explain to you, oh God,
    what my grief is!
    Fate , however condemns me
    to weep and keep silent.
    My heart may not pine
    for the one I would like to love
    making me apparently hard-hearted
    and cruel.
    Alas, Count, part from me,
    run, flee
    far away from me;
    your beloved
    Emilia awaits you,
    don't keep her languishing,
    she is worthy of love.
    Alas, pitiless stars!
    You are hostile to me.
    I am lost when he stays.
    Part from me, run,
    do not talk about love,
    her heart is yours.

    Thanks to The Lied and Art Song Texts Page for original text and English translation. Link to site:
    http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_te...










    Category


  • License

    Standard YouTube License



No comments:

Post a Comment